It’s the First of April, so we decided to celebrate by sharing a compilation of the firsts from this season of your current Raiders roster.
Here’s a timeline with more information about each performance.
- Sept. 20/19 – Landon Kosior scored his first WHL goal in his first game against the Saskatoon Blades at the 11:28 mark of the second period. Justin Nachbaur and Jeremy Masella had the assists.
- Sept. 27/19 – Evan Herman picked up the first goal of his WHL career with 3:28 left to play in the second period in Regina against the Pats. Jakob Brook and Justin Nachbaur assisted on the goal. Brayden Watts made his Raiders’ debut in the game. He scored his first as a Raider 4:23 into the third period, which was also the game-winning goal. Aliaksei Protas and Ozzy Wiesblatt had the helpers. Watts added an empty netter and picked up an assist for a three-point night.
- Sept. 28/19 – Ilya Usau tallied his first WHL goal 7:09 into the second period against the Winnipeg ICE. Cole Fonstad and Spencer Moe assisted on the goal.
- Oct. 8/19 – Carter Seryhenko stopped 25 of 27 shots in his first WHL start to pick up his first WHL win in a 2019 Rogers WHL Championship Series rematch against the Vancouver Giants.
- Oct. 12/19 – Nolan Allan got the Raiders on the board against the Moose Jaw Warriors with the first goal of his WHL career 8:08 into the first period. Ozzy Wiesblatt had the assist on the goal. Daniil Stepanov scored his first as a Raider with 22 seconds to play in the contest. Remy Aquilon picked up the assist on the goal, which was also his first point with Prince Albert.
- Oct. 23/19 – Tyson Laventure scored with four seconds left in Portland against the Winterhawks to pick up the first WHL goal. Eric Pearce and Nolan Allan assisted on the goal.
- Nov. 1/19 – Reece Vitelli‘s first goal as a Raider came on the power play 9:05 into the third period against the Regina Pats. Ilya Usau and Ozzy Wiesblatt recorded the assists.
- Nov. 23/19 – Remy Aquilon scored the first goal of his WHL career in Medicine Hat against the Tigers 7:45 into the second period. Nolan Allan and Reece Vitelli had the assists.
- Dec. 7/19 – Michael Horon tallied his first as a Raider 3:16 into the contest in Moose Jaw against the Warriors. Cole Nagy and Zack Hayes assisted on the goal. It was the first of two goals for Horon on the evening as he was named the game’s first star.
- Jan. 10/20 – Matthew Culling scored the overtime winner for his first goal as a Raider against the Prince George Cougars. Zack Hayes and Reece Vitelli assisted on the goal. It was also Max Paddock‘s first start as a Raider. He stopped 20 shots to earn his first win in the Green and Gold and was named the game’s first star.
- Jan. 29/20 – Max Paddock posted a 17-save shutout for his first clean sheet as a member of the Raiders.
- March 8/20 – Graydon Gotaas made his WHL debut in Winnipeg against the ICE. He was the only member of the Raiders’ 2019 WHL Bantam Draft class to get into the lineup this season.