Regina, SK – A barrage of second period goals sunk the Prince Albert Raiders on Friday night as they dropped a 7-2 game to the Regina Pats at the Co-Operators Centre.
Regina (1-1-0-0) opened the scoring when Braydon Buziak beat Raiders starting goaltender Curtis Meger. Less than a minute later, Zack Andrusiak tied the game for the Raiders (0-1-0-0).
In the second, Brady Pouteau, Luc Smith and Riley Woods each scored less than two minutes apart to put the Pats up 4-1. Connor Hobbs and Rykr Cole added goals before the end of the frame to give Regina a five-goal lead.
Spencer Moe cut into the lead for the Raiders, finding the back of the net 2:16 into the third.
Curtis Meger stopped 22 of 28 shots faced before being lifted with 3:02 remaining in the second. Ian Scott finished the night with 19 saves on 20 attempts. Jordan Hollett and Kurtis Chapman combined for 18 saves in the win for Regina.
The Raiders continue their preseason schedule on Thursday night. They host the Saskatoon Blades on Thursday night at the Art Hauser Centre. Puck drop is 7 p.m.
- Regina – Braydon Buziak 1 (unassisted), 10:56
- Prince Albert – Zack Andrusiak 1 (Parker Kelly, Carson Miller), 11:35
- Regina – Brady Pouteau 1 (Nick Henry, Jake Leschyshyn), 6:44
- Regina – Luc Smith 1 (Riley Woods, Erik Gardiner), 7:38
- Regina – Riley Woods 1 (Jake Leschyshyn, Connor Hobbs), 8:20 (pp)
- Regina – Connor Hobbs 1 (Owen Williams, Nick Henry), 16:21
- Regina – Rykr Cole 1 (Dawson Barteaux), 16:58
- Prince Albert – Spencer Moe 1 (Cole Fonstad), 2:16
- Regina – Erik Gardiner 1 (Luc Smith, Jared Freadrich), 5:54