Join Our Team – Manager of Communications & Community Relations
Manager of Communications & Community Relations
Date Posted: April 28, 2022
Reports to: Business Manager
The Manager of Communications & Community Relations is responsible for overseeing all media relations to the Prince Albert Raiders and provide communications support to all departments supporting the hockey club. Additionally, this position is responsible for managing the club’s social media platforms, website, game night production, and community relations.
- Produce news releases and game reports to be distributed to media and team website.
- Update of all content on the Prince Albert Raiders website on a daily basis, adding new material, including photo galleries, game highlights.
- Produce editorial and video content covering hockey, human interest and community relations.
- Manage team social media accounts, providing live game updates, team news, as well as additional content to engage with fans.
- Develop print and web design for team website, social media platform, and marketing initiatives.
- Produce team statistics and game notes for all regular season and playoff games.
- Coordinate and be present for media availabilities for players and coaches.
- Coordinate and oversee player community appearances.
- Oversee game night and promotional production at all home games
- Assist in the promotion and operation of all special events connected with the Prince Albert Raiders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma or degree in a relevant post-secondary education program.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal ability in working with other staff, management, volunteers, and media.
- Good knowledge of hockey and hockey statistics.
- Experience with photo and video editing software considered an asset.
- Good knowledge of web publishing tools and content management systems
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms.
The successful candidate must be able to work regular work hours as well as be willing and able to work evenings and weekends as required. This position offers a base salary, benefits, and a bonus structure.
Please forward a cover letter, resume and writing samples to email@example.com.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.